It was first released in 2013 and now it has 130549 starts on Github and downloaded a number of times this year.
Vue has taken all the good attributes of frameworks launched before it. With the same concept, Vue is using Virtual DOM as an adopted concept of React. This ensures faster and bug-free performance.
Vue has it all to make development smooth and easy. Its gentle learning curve is the first significant factor. Vue is also lightweight, flexible, modular and highly performed. Moreover, Vue is surrounded by amazing tools, as well as efficient state management (Vuex) and routing (Vue Router) options. The framework offers incredible development speed thanks to a wealth of ready-to-use plugins that solve critical issues in every application, enabling quick and cost-effective product development. So let's take a closer look at the key benefits of Vue to help you understand the potential of this popular framework better.
Angular is an open source, frontend web app framework by Google that has a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture and makes development, maintenance, and testing easier for developers. It’s great for building highly active and interactive web applications, but it is most popular for Single page applications.
Angular JS provides the potential to build GUI (Graphical User Interface) for dynamic websites and web programs. Single-page applications are created smoothly using the AngularJS framework which allows writing custom HTML codes and integrating with other UI tools.
Some key differences are explained below between them:
• Angular JS is an open source framework for the client side of the application whereas Vue JS is an open source and progressive framework for building user interfaces.
• AngularJS is a great option for building large size projects where Vue JS is ideal for lightweight projects.
• Vue.js vs Angular both are performing fast and with similar numbers on different benchmarks. So the performance is similar in real time.
• Angular.js uses two-way binding between scopes and to connect with asynchronous services we need to use third party components whereas Vue.js uses one-way data flow between the components.
• Angular.js is little complex than Vue.js in terms of design and API.
• Angular JS implements MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) pattern whereas Vue mainly focuses on ViewModel, meaning it lets us see display the portions of data.
• Vue.js is easy to learn if we have little knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS whereas Angular.js learning little steeper as it has complex design and difficult to learn for beginners.
• AngularJS is a front-end framework and can be used with any backend programming language like PHP, Java etc. whereas Vue JS is strictly front-end based and uses HTML, CSS and JS separately.
• An Angular.js framework will take more time to develop non-trivial applications whereas Vue.js framework will take less than a day.
• Angular JS support real-time applications like instant messaging or chat apps whereas Vue JS is best suited for lightweight single page applications by providing an easy interface.
• Angular.js has support for typescript as its learning sources and documentation is typescript based whereas Vue.js doesn’t have typescript but it is working with typescript to support with Vue.js
• Vue.js vs Angular is easy to integrate with third-party components developed by developers whereas Vue.js with other front-end libraries.
• AngularJS is opinionated, means there is a certain way application should be structured, whereas Vue JS is modular and flexible.
There is no absolute right choice as each of these libraries has its own advantages and disadvantages. Keeping the comparison in front, the decision will be based on the project in hand and the individual requirements. Angular is an industry-standard and well-trusted for complex applications, whereas, Vue is fast, light, and clean. Both Angular and Vue are viable choices and would provide a great structure for your application depending on the specifications and requirements.
Soft Tech Group has a vast experience when it comes to Angular or Vue and can help you out in deciding the best framework for your project and set up a solution for any kind of development. Contact Us now.